Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Why I'm Not a Master Ukulele Player


Why I’m Not a Master Ukulele Player
  
On our last trip to Kona in 2016 the bug bit me hard to learn
to play the ukulele.  And so, when we got back to Seattle, I bought one.  I had grand visions of playing Somewhere Over the Rainbow and other charming songs on this instrument. 

And now, two years later, the desire fizzled and died.  I quit practicing.  I’m looking at the ukulele even now.  It’s in its lovely cloth case, and the instruction books are neatly arranged on my book shelf, and here I sit, still unable to play. 

There is nothing wrong with my instrument.  The problem is with me. 

I quit.

          I gave up.

Perhaps on another day I will pick it up again. 

Like any worthy pursuit, we either endure or we quit.  I hope you are active in the pursuits you find meaningful.  We sometimes pick and choose our use of time.  And that is ok. 

Good look in your important endeavors – music, sports, business, people, ministry, life.


Thoughts for Improving
Whatever Needs Improving!


P Michael Biggs
Words of Encouragement
Words of Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment