Sunday, February 7, 2016

Decide

(This is a post dealing with skill development, whether you are a musician, sports participant, business owner or budding artist.  The logo implies music, yet these ideas are transferable to all endeavors.  Thanks for reading.)

There are seven words toward self-development with which we need to make peace.  Here they are:



A writer becomes a writer when he/she decides that is the course they wish to pursue.  

A personal story:  I talked about being a writer for thirty years before I actually became a writer.  One fine day in 2009 I decided that it was time for me to finally and forever decide that I was going to become a writer. 

I decided!  Instantly I moved from a wanna-be to an active writer.  Today I write six blogs per week and have four books published and have readers in 120 countries.  That is not a brag point.  That is evidence of a decision I made and now I reap the results of that decision.

This ‘decision’ thing plays itself out in all of life, doesn’t it?  Musicians decide to pursue a career in music and they then commit themselves to that road.

The same is true with golfers, construction company owners, speakers and political candidates.

What are you deciding to do? 

It takes planning, dedication, and commitment to move yourself along your path of pursuit.

Go and do likewise.


Michael Biggs
Steps and Skips
Tips for the Developing Student


No comments:

Post a Comment