Saturday, November 7, 2015

Moan or Morph

A personal story:
My schedule demands that I write six blogs every week.  I’m not crying the blues or trying to impress you, those are the facts

In six years of blogging I am going through a crisis of sorts.  In one of my blogs, Morning Notes, I have felt lost for a while.  I intermittently hit a homerun and I am used to hitting more homeruns than bombs. 

So Carolyn and I have been talking about and analyzing this dilemma.  Here is where we have come out. 

I’m going to narrow my focus and my scope and my aim and get back to the style and content that I started with in the beginning days.  It is my first blog, my baby that helped spawn all the others and I’m not finished with it yet. 

I use as my bi-line “offering hope, encouragement, inspiration one word at a time.”  My wise wife has suggested that I get back to the inspiration part of my bi-line for this blog in question.  I have definite designs and purposes for each one that I write and at times I’ve been mixing my focus and duplicating what has been happening elsewhere. 

So we are choosing to allow this period in our lives to be a morph period. 

Can you relate?  Do you have a talent that has gone stale at some point?  Do you have a business that seems tired, lackluster?  Perhaps it is time to take a step back and do some heart searching and deep analysis. 

Morphing is a good thing.  Oh, by the way, the main definition of “morph” that I am using is this:  to cause something to change its outward appearance.

In my case, it is more of a realigning with my original intent with which I started.  It’s a happy journey.  Come along if you like.



Michael Biggs
Steps and Skips
Tips for the Developing Student


No comments:

Post a Comment