Saturday, November 17, 2018

A New Look at Challenges


A New Look at Challenges

Are you facing a tough challenge?  That’s probably a good thing.  You could look at it as a threat, however, consider this.

Carol Dweck, author of Mindset, gives this idea:

"Rather than thinking, 'Oh, I’m going to reveal my weaknesses', say, ‘wow, here’s a chance to grow.’”

I’ve had to do that a few times in my life. 

I remember three years ago when I was faced with learning a computer program that wasn’t working for me.  I finally reached out to my partner in the next cubicle and asked for 2 hours for him to teach me this “dumb system”.

He did, I took notes, and learned.

I grew!

Whether you are facing a new piece of music that is beyond your present capabilities, you are stumped on a new building design, or you are trying to make a soufflĂ© and it keeps crashing, convince yourself YOU CAN, and then read more, ask more questions, watch a YouTube video or go to class. 

New challenges are nothing more than an opportunity for growth.


Thoughts for Improving
Whatever Needs Improving!


P Michael Biggs
Words of Encouragement
Words of Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment