Thursday, October 4, 2018

Embrace the Pace


Embrace the Pace


My wife teaches students on the piano.  It’s no big secret that each student grows at a different pace.  I could name names, but I won’t. 

I have my own speed and style when it comes to learning a new skill.  I am a tactile and a visual and an auditory learner.  I use all three senses when it comes to learning anything.  I know this, therefore, when I am in the beginning stages of skill development, I remind my coach that I must put my hands on the tools, the keyboard and mouse, or whatever and feel the motion, sense the whole experience as we go. 

I am embracing the pace of how I learn.

I suppose there are those friends reading this and wondering what to do if you want to go faster in learning a new skill.

I think my answer would be this … increase your pace to a level that you can embrace, and keep increasing it until you are comfortable with how your are progressing. 

Bottom line ... know your own pace.

Fast sloppy work is still sloppy work.


Thoughts for Improving
Whatever Needs Improving!


P Michael Biggs
Words of Encouragement
Words of Inspiration


No comments:

Post a Comment