Saturday, April 16, 2016

Learn By Doing

(This is a post dealing with skill development, whether you are a musician, sports participant, business owner or budding artist.  The logo implies music, yet these ideas are transferable to all endeavors.  Thanks for reading.)

I learned to drum by drumming.

I have learned to write by writing. 

I have learned math by doing my times tables and long division and all other math skills.


The point – we learn as we do.  Sure, I’ve had teachers, private lessons, and tutors along the way, but for me, real learning came mostly from doing the task or skill at hand.

Want to play Moonlight Sonata?  Do it.  Practice it.  Revisit those hard and awkward passages.

Want to be a better golfer?  Practice that swing.  Putt those thousands of balls.  Study greens until you dream about them.

We learn by doing.

Forever and always.



Michael Biggs
Steps and Skips
Tips for the Developing Soul


No comments:

Post a Comment