Saturday, January 16, 2016

I Believe in Evolution

(This is a post dealing with skill development, whether you are a musician, sports participant, business owner or budding artist.  The logo implies music, yet these ideas are transferable to all endeavors.  Thanks for reading.)

I believe in evolution, for some of my best mistakes have evolved into amazing successes. 
~Dropped drum sticks have taught me to improvise.
~Poor job performance has taught me better ways of performing.
~Mistakes in a musical performance have honed my performance skills to a new edge.
~Mistakes in relationships have brought me to the doorstep of my greatest love of a lifetime.

I believe in evolution.

Education itself is the best example of evolution that exists.  Compare a first grade student to a senior and you readily understand that.

And so we evolve as human beings.  We evolve or we die.  Those who choose to remain rutted and root-bound are the lost kingdom people.  They lose their edge, they lose their desire to grow and understand, and they lose their way in an ever-changing world.

The golden question is this – will we evolve, learn, grow and become students of our past, or not?

Let’s march toward our future and evolve together.


Michael Biggs
Steps and Skips
Tips for the Developing Student


No comments:

Post a Comment