Saturday, September 26, 2015

What Lies Within

The art of creativity intrigues me.  The ability to make something that has never existed before is really a delightful prospect.  Artists do it every time they face an empty canvas.  And so do musicians, writers, singers, composers and the list goes on.

Attorneys in a court of law are creators.  They create scenes in your mind of what might or might not have happened.  Do you believe?

Last night Carolyn and I went to a jazz club here in Seattle.  Three performers – Monte Alexander-piano, Jeff Hamilton-drums, and John Clayton-bass created amazing moments as they each wove their skills in with each other.  I just have to believe, though they talk through the musical roadmap, they create a lot of space for the creative spark to come forth, and come forth it did.

Sort of reminds me of this great Ralph Waldo Emerson quote.


 Are you letting out whatever it is that lies within you?

Creativity can be found in every venture in life.  I am a people person.  I seek out creative interplay every day with every person I meet.  I don’t use the same greeting with each one.  I use variety, and it depends on my past experiences with that person and how I perceive them if they are new to me.

Find that spark that lies within.  Give birth to your own unique brand of creativity.  Show the world what you’ve got.



Michael Biggs
Steps and Skips
Tips for the Developing Student


No comments:

Post a Comment