Monday, June 1, 2020

The Things I've Learned Along the Way

The Things I’ve Learned Along the Way

I’ve been trying to improve my life somewhat now for a bunch of years.  I just turned seventy-one.  Here are some lessons I’ve learned along the way.

~When autos are repossessed, you will buy again.
~There is life after open-heart surgery.
~Recovery takes time.

~Set-backs aren’t the end.
~We recover from bankruptcies.
~A degree is only the commencement.

~Learning is a life-long journey.
~You can endure more than your think.
~You are more powerful than you think.

~You can make good choices.
~You can overcome bad choices.
~You can learn from your mistakes.

~Failure is not fatal.
~The first step toward NEW is often the hardest.
~“NO” sometimes means “Not Now”.

~God is not an abandoning God.
~There is a difference in ‘practice’ and ‘perfect practice’.
~Just because they say so doesn’t make it so.

~I need to become my own best friend.
~Breaks are restorative.
~People remember how you made them feel.

~People want validation, respect.
~People have names.  Use them.
~There is still room for one more idea.
~All the great books haven’t been written yet.

There is more to come on this idea.
  
Thoughts for Improving
Whatever Needs Improving!


P Michael Biggs
Hope ~Encouragement~ Inspiration

No comments:

Post a Comment